Wednesday 12 December 2012

Decembrrrrrr!!

Since my last post I have been able to make use of the beautiful countryside that is right on my doorstep, as the pup had his last vaccinations and we can now take him with us on our strolls!

I have photos from various occasions so will do a couple of separate posts...

5th December

Snowfall!!! I was very excited when I saw those huge snowflakes falling from the grey/white sky that meant that it was going to settle for sure!! Although the snow mucks up a lot of things, I can't help but love how it covers everything in a wonderful white sheen that glints when the sun shines on it! It wasn't to last long though, as soon as the sun's heat got stronger it started to melt rapidly.

I did get a chance to take a few photos though, both in the garden and on a walk in the afternoon along with our very excitable pup.. his first snow!! I was also hoping to get some snaps of some fieldfares or redwings as there were 200+ in the orchards the other day when I didn't have my camera, typical! 





Agapanthus






Although there had been so many of the thrush family the previous day, this was the only bird to stick around long enough for me to take a photo, and it isn't as clear as I would have liked... There were quite a few birds flying over but not many settled, maybe because it was a bit later in the day. They are also fairly timid birds so maybe they thought we were intruding on their orchard!!


A lone redwing

Beautiful sky

next post....  a trip to Harty Ferry, Oare :)

No comments:

Post a Comment