Friday, 14 November 2014

Part 1 of my Come Back to Blogland!

5 months! I can't believe it has been that long since I last posted and even that post was about my trip to Cornwall which was in March! I do have a partially finished post with more photos from Cornwall but I have decided to do a couple of posts with a few photos from each month since April. Perhaps I will actually post this one... If you are reading this then obviously I have!

April

Naughty stoat at Elmley Marshes - most likely looking for a little water vole critter - Just pop my head in..

...maybe look a bit further....

Woooops fell in!

It's okay everyone... I'm okay!

Cute wood mouse in Perry Woods 

Spring colours 

May

Beautiful colours in National Trust owned Emmett Gardens

Speckled yellow moth at Emmett Gardens

House martins building a new nest on our house... they went on to have 2 successful broods!

Green hairstreak butterfly!!!! At KWT reserve park gate down

Male banded demoiselle at Stodmarsh NNR

Side view of this spectacular male banded demoiselle

This one is for you Ragged Robin :) 

Stay tuned, you never know, I may even post again during next week. To anyone who reads my blog thanks for not giving up on me and welcome to any new readers! I miss having the time to read all your wonderful blogs!

Hopefully I will share some photos from my little backpacking trip around Southern Spain next time!

19 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Great to see all these lovely shots. Is that a handkerchief tree in the 7 th photo? That is a stunning close up in phot 12. Looking forward to seeing more from you in the not to distant future. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret, yes it is a handkerchief tree! They were really beautiful gardens actually and we went at a lovely time of year as well. Thanks again for your kind comment :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome back - you've been missed!! I can't believe it's that long since you last posted - this year seems to have gone quicker than usual!

    Beautiful photos - I especially love the last one - thank you so much :)

    Look forward to hearing about your adventures in Southern Spain :) Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naw thank you RR :) this year has flown! Not long left of my traineeship! I'll tell more in next post! Ragged Robin is a beautiful flower and therefore depicts your character well :) I hope you had a fab weekend :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely to see what you've been up to. Beautiful shot of the demoiselle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzie! Brixham was on the TV the other day and it made me think of you and I recognised quite a few of the shots because of your lovely photos!

      Delete
  4. I was just thinking the other day that you hadn't been around for a while. Lovely photos. I'm particularly jealous of your green hairstreak butterfly sighting and photo! Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum and I couldn't believe our eyes when we spotted the green hairstreak!! It really is a splendid iridescent colour! Thanks for your kind comment :)

      Delete
  5. I became a new follower at about the same time you stopped blogging, hehe!! Great to see you back, this is a lovely collection of photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Louise :) Yeah sorry - bad timing hey! Thanks for not giving up al together and for your lovely comment :) I just popped over to your page and it seems you have had a lovely autumnal walk - beautiful lighting :)

      Delete
  6. Great to hear from you again. Glad to see you've been busy with the camera and the backpacking sounds interesting. The stoat made me chuckle and good to hear the Martins had two broods definately a good year for them around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug :) I was getting out with the camera more around April/May but not much in the last couple of months to be honest with you. I was so happy that the HM's did well with us and I am glad to hear they did with you too! Especially because it appears they are another bird in decline.

      Delete
  7. Yay! A lovely moth and a green HS- so hard to photograph them, well done! And love the shots of the Stoat they are fantastic. Very nice to have you back :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CT :) I am very excited to share some more moth related photos with you soon! It is nice to be back! xx

      Delete
  8. So that's where you've been? Time certainly flies when having wildlife fun doesn't it? Yes that demoiselle shot is a real belted. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does indeed! Never enough time to do all the things I want to do. Thanks Phil, it was very obliging and I did make many attempts and this was the best of the bunch!

      Delete
  9. Lovely selection of pictures Lou. I love the Ragged Robin but the wood mouse is my favourite. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em :) I was so surprised to see the little critter, it wasn't phased by our presence at all!! x

      Delete
  10. The sequence with the stoat is interesting. Is that a native species or is it a feral animal having its origins in those used in time past to hunt rabbits?

    ReplyDelete